Case against former two RUC men adjourned for four weeks

first_img Gardai investigate Castlefinn burglary Andrew McGinley says his children are getting him through life By News Highland – May 31, 2014 WhatsApp Google+ News Previous articleRape case jury sent home for weekend after failing to reach verdictNext articlePSNI in Omagh concerned for the safety of missing 17 year old girl News Highland WhatsApp The case against two former members of the RUC who were due to appear at Derry Magistrate’s Court charged with perverting the course of justice has been adjourned.The two John McGahan (71) and Philip Noel Thompson (54) both with addresses as c/o PSNI, Knock Road, Belfast.They were supposed to appear at a preliminary enquiry charged with perverting the course of justice on dates between February 27 and March 2 1979 by altering a statement from one member of a group that became known as the Derry 4.The Derry 4 were four men charged with shooting a British soldier dead in February 1979.The four had always maintained that any admissions they made had been extracted under duress and fabricated.They went on the run and their names were cleared in 1998.A solicitor for the two former RUC men said that while they had received papers in the case one of their clients was working out of the country and the other was on holiday and had not yet been contacted.He asked for an adjournment until June 27.Deputy District Judge Peter King said he would grant the adjournment but the PE must go ahead on that date. Case against former two RUC men adjourned for four weeks Facebook Pinterestcenter_img Donegal retains 14 Blue Flags, Lisfannon is not restored Hospitalisations rise as Donnelly suggests masks will stay ’til autumn Facebook Disruption to cancer service will increase mortality – Oncologist Google+ Today is the 30th anniversary of Eddie Fullerton’s murder Twitter Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterestlast_img read more

Read More →

Family concerned as Derry man goes missing in Bangkok

first_img Pinterest The family of a Derry man now living in Bangkok say they are concerned about his safety after not being able to contact him for almost two weeks.37 year-old Matthew Boyle was last in contact with his family on the 8th July.Mathew’s family have been unable to contact him by phone, email or Skype.He moved to the Thai capital in 2011 and in 2013 bought a wine bar with a colleague. He had been working there full-time.His family said until recently he had been living in the Hotel Natural Ville in Langsuan Road in the commercial and financial part of the city.Mr Boyle’s family said they would usually have contact with him two or three times a week.Enquiries made in Bangkok by acquaintances and the Irish Consulate have proved fruitless and currently the PSNI are carrying out a missing person investigation.Matthew is described as 5 foot eight inches tall and of stocky build. By News Highland – July 21, 2014 Disruption to cancer service will increase mortality – Oncologist Andrew McGinley says his children are getting him through life Donegal retains 14 Blue Flags, Lisfannon is not restored Family concerned as Derry man goes missing in Bangkok Twitter Hospitalisations rise as Donnelly suggests masks will stay ’til autumn Homepage BannerNews Today is the 30th anniversary of Eddie Fullerton’s murder Twittercenter_img Pinterest WhatsApp Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Facebook Gardai investigate Castlefinn burglary Google+ Previous articleClaims of campers dumping human waste and rubbish at Port Arthur BeachNext articleTánaiste backs calls for overhaul of Gardai at MacGill Summer School News Highland Google+last_img read more

Read More →